Saturday, April 25, 2009

A typical Saturday night

I think I jinxed myself by saying I was "all caught up and done for the night" on my Facebook page because three orders JUST came rolling in. It's great, but my hands are getting tired!! ; ) Anyways, before I had three orders to do I had a smidgen of free time, and got to working on a couple of shirts for Leila. I got this cool Jim Morrisson shirt at a craft fair I went to last weekend. The company it's from is called Young Punks and they have (in my opinion) some pretty cool clothes! So, the shirt is totally a boy's shirt, but I looooove The Doors and had to have it for Leila. The only way I could think to girlify it was to add some crystals to the neck. Not sure if it completely did the trick, but whatever. I like it:
Then, I made a little tank top. I bought a "Make it Work" iron-on applique from Michael's a few weeks ago on clearance for .76 Didn't know what I'd do with it, but I love me some "Project Runway" and especially Tim Gunn. Target had their basic tanks on sale for 2/$7 so I picked up one in hot pink, added some crystals to the colar and voila:

I'm not sure how long it will hold up - the applique doesn't seem to be too high quality...possibly why it was on clearance. Anyways, again it's something I like that I made out of what I had lying around.
Go ahead, and laugh it up, be-jeweller haters. ; P

1 comment:

Tara said...

that is flippin awesome. you and matts cousin, jonathon would get along great. he badazzles all his clothing and made a fantastic bedazzled t shirt for the britney concert recently. (im sure by this time you have guessed his sexual preference). ;)

 

design + development by kelly christine studio