Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Preschool

Well, I thought it would be rough and it was. Leila and I were both a mess of tears when it was time to go. Ugh. The teachers say she did well, considering how upset she was and that things will just get easier. I'm praying they're right.

Here she is before preschool, when we asked her how excited she was to go:

She liked showing daddy the fun kitchen things!
When we picked Leila up she was still upset, but not nearly as upset as when we first left. Her teacher said she didn't cry the whole time, but a lot of it. After her rough morning we decided to treat her to a Happy Meal. She told us she had fun at preschool, but missed mommy and daddy. We missed her too!
PS - how cute is the "Preschool Princess" dress my friend, Heather made her?!

10 comments:

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Hopefully each day will get better! :) She did awesome and so did you!

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

Awh, thanks Jo!

Gina said...

She is SO beautiful. Logan did terribly his first couple days of preschool too. If he can get better, anyone can. I highly recommend teaching the mantra, "Mommy always comes back."

Marta @ Haus of Girls said...

Awwww! Sorry she was so sad! She is TOO cute for words thought and I want to steal that dress :) Adorable!

April said...

Awwwwwh, it so so so tough!! It just goes to show how close you two are and how much she LOVES her mama!! I hope it gets easier and easier, I know it will.

Autumn said...

It will only get better sweetie. I may not have the babies yet but i taught preschool and remember that it didn't take long before the kids were leaving the parents in the dust to run into class excited to see their friends and play. We are a social butterfly family and it won't take her long to adapt. Give her a big squeeze for me and tell her I'm proud of her (and her momma too!!) Love you!!!

the thorntons said...

It is soooo hard. It will get better (or so I am told), she looks so cute in her dress with the matching red shoes!

SAM said...

It will get better, I promise! One things for sure, she looked good!! Love the dress and red shoes. And how cute is your white picket fence?! Hope the next day at school goes better!

Tara said...

this breaks my heart, but like everyone said, i am sure it will get better. you are SUCH a great mom, heather! you have give her your all these past few years and now its time for you to have some mommy time!! enjoy it before you've got another newborn on your hands! xoxo!

p.s. that last pic is SOOOO flippin adorable!

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry to hear that the first day was so tough. I know it will get better and that Leila will love school! She looks cuter than all get out!! Huge hugs!!

 

design + development by kelly christine studio