Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cookies and Milk Baby Shower

So, if you know me well or maybe follow me on Twitter you know that I have a cousin who is one of my very best friends.  She's a little older than me, and apparently my first Christmas she wasn't too thrilled with me since I had to be born, and steal some of her thunder (and presents) but ever since that first Christmas we've been close as can be, especially since I got older, and even more so since I got married.  She's always been like a big sister I've looked up to, and have been able to talk to about anything and everything.

Well, my cousin - Autumn - is having a sweet baby boy, Noah Michael, in about six short weeks and last weekend I had the pleasure of throwing a baby shower for her along with my mom, sister-in-law and cousin, Lisa, Autumn's sister.  We went with a Cookies and Milk theme.

Here is the cute invitation from Dimple Prints:


A lot of detail went into this party.  It was awesome "working" with such crafty women!

Here is the main table.  The tablecloth was just a simple piece of fabric that fit the colors of the shower.  We used my apothecary jars for the various types of cookies, and bought clear glass bottles from Home Goods for the milk.  We had 2%, nonfat, strawberry and chocolate milks.  The chocolate milk was a huge hit! I heard a lot of women say that they hadn't had chocolate milk in years.  Such a treat!

The drinking bottles were empty Archer Farms brand (Target's brand) frappuccino bottles.  Paper straws from Hey Yo-Yo:

Glass bottles from Home Goods.

Wooden letters + spray paint + heavy duty glue = art.  (In my book, anyways)

My love affair with burlap and buttons continues:


The cookies we had included: double chocolate chunk, Mexican wedding cakes, chocolate macaroons, sugar free gluten free peanut butter (may not sound tasty, but believe me - they're amazing! Like taking a bite of peanut butter with a cookie texture!), oatmeal chocolate chip, Paula Deen's Monster Cookies, Ghiradelli chocolate chunk and Candied Bacon Chocolate Chip.

Leila tried strawberry milk for the first time and was unimpressed.

The (actual) food was kept very simple.  Sandwiches, fruit salad, green salad, cheese, veggies and some chips.  Who doesn't love chips?

And for those who weren't feeling like milk, we had iced tea and (the most amazing) Sangria Blanca.  I pretty much stuck to the sangria ;)

And just in case there weren't enough sweets, we had a cake too!

We played some fun games!  My favorite was the Terrible Celebrity Baby Name Game....there are some doozies!

Lots of present-opening:


And lots of love!

Guests went home with some fabulous favors.  My cousin Lisa is the extremely talented chick behind Quartz Mountain Candle Shack.  Her candles are to die for, and I'm not just saying that because I love her.  They fill the entire room with fragrance (even unlit) and burn cleanly!  Lisa made her sugar cookie candle wax (my personal favorite) and then poured it into tiny glass jars, molded a tiny candle wax chocolate chip cookie to look like it was being dunked into the milk, and formed the candle wick into a straw.  Honestly, it doesn't get much cuter than this!

The shower was so much fun, and I loved seeing all of our collective thoughts and ideas come together!  I can't wait for little Noah to make his debut this Spring!

21 comments:

mel @ the larson lingo said...

So CUTE!!!!! Love all the details!! I heart burlap also! And, did I notice bacon chocolate chip cookies?!?!? for reals?

SwishDesigns said...

so cute!

SwishDesigns said...

so cute!

Alison said...

LOVE it!!!

grey rose (they/them) said...

what a sweet party! love all the darling details!

Autumn said...

Words cannot describe how so thankful I am for all your love, creativeness and effort you guys put into this special day! I love you guys so much!!! Thank you again!!!!

Erin said...

That party looks fab! I love those candles...amazing!

Amy said...

Oh my.....can't even handle all that cuteness! Loving the whole {milk & cookies} theme lately! I would not burn those darling candles. ;-)

Denissa said...

How fun! Everything looked amazing :) I LOVE the burlap around the vase, SO CUTE!!!

Becky said...

Love that idea! Everything is so amazing! Would love the sf, gf cookie recipe if ever you get a chance.

Emmy said...

Wow! I am overly impressed! And I used to be a Party Planner. So excited for Autumn!!! Yay! Thanks for sharing these darling pics.

Jessica said...

I Love (with a capital L!) Love Love this idea! This party turned out so cute!

I may possible borrow this idea one day for myself!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

What a fabulous baby shower! So cute and creative! Love all of the details! :)

danielle @ take heart said...

so stinkin' CUTE. you are fabulous!

Marta @ Haus of Girls said...

dying.
love everything.
I love me some chips by the way!!!

amaya said...

Did you make the thing around the flower vase? That is really neat. The hole party is a WOW!

myriahmae said...

You are a girl after my own heart! I LOVE throwing parties and showers! You thought of every detail! I'm taking notes as I read this beautiful post! I'm so glad you linked up on Blessed Little Nest today! I will definitely be stopping back in, so nice to "meet" you! Come "meet" me www.myriahmae.blogspot.com!

Ps. my best friend is my cousin too, she is a little older than me and I used to idolize her as a child, now that we are both "grown ups" and married we have become soooo close! Isn't it great to have a "sister~cousin" as we like to call it?!?!

Kimmie @ Hello Mess said...

I will be featuring this tomorrow at Sugar and Dots!

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

heather, it's all soooo cute! i love the table set up with the blue and white straws. so so cute!!

Monica said...

Sooo adorable! I'm loving those favors!

Heather | Cookie Mondays said...

how the heck did i miss this post?
A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

design + development by kelly christine studio