Thursday, January 5, 2012

Resolutions.

Do you make New Year's resolutions? I usually don't, but this year I jotted down a handful.


  • Make more meals from scratch. I don't mind cooking, but it's the clean up afterwards I hate. This hinders me from making more meals from scratch, but this year I'm going to try to power through the clean up.
  • Wear red lipstick. This is kind of a silly one, but I love seeing women in red lipstick. I feel like women who wear red lipstick are generally more put-together and ooze confidence. I want to be one of them.
  • Smash book. I bought a smash book a while ago, and really want to start doing it. I used to scrapbook before I had the girls, and this, along with My Memories seems like a great way to easily scrapbook the simple everyday moments in our lives.
  • Get healthier. Pretty self explanatory.
  • Walk the dogs more. It's hard to go on a walk with two kids, and two dogs but we need to try and get the pups out more. They love it, and it is so good for them.
  • Be more patient. This is a big one for me. I am desperately trying to be more patient, not only with my children (and husband) but life in general.
Do you have any resolutions this year? xo!

8 comments:

Lesley said...

Totally reasonable and tangible goals!
I rarely cook. Really cook. I'm going to start!

joen said...

I am trying resolutions this year too...using more leftovers to stretch my food budget usually I save them and then throw them out! Sewing more of my clothes using my fabric stash instead of buying more fabric, taking my vitamins consistently and do more spiritual reading to keep me centered.

Teri said...

Sweetheart, Those are totally doable resolutions. I know you my girl, you can do anything once you put your mind to it !!! I know you can do them all !!

Love,
Mom

Lisa @ Tales of a Young Housewife said...

These are wonderful goals! I need to start wearing lipstick too, I'm a total lipstick virgin but I love it on other people!

JuliaVP said...

REEEEALLY dumb question... what's a smash book?

Heather said...

I amen #5 heartily - our pup never gets as much exercise as she needs/wants! I gotta add that to my list for 2012. It'll help with #4 too!

Emmy Lou said...

I started wearing more red lipstick a few years ago, and it was an easy pick-me-up to turn a blah day to faaaaabulous. I love that it's a 2012 resolution for you and I think you'll catch yourself feeling glam when you wear it! :)

Anonymous said...

Everyone looks great in red lipstick. Truly, everyone.

I wish I could cook from scratch, then I could make a goal to do it more. :)

 

design + development by kelly christine studio